THE 30-CREDIT CIM® QUICK PICK PACKAGE
Make this one quick pick and be on the road to total CE credits for your CIM® designation.
|CIM® Credits:||10 credits (Compliance); 20 credits (Professional Development)|
|IIROC Credits:||10 credits (Compliance); 20 credits (Professional Development)|
|CFP® Certificants:||30 credits (28 Financial Planning, 2 Professional Responsibility)|
|Life Insurance:||30 credits for AIC (AB), ICBC (BC), ICS (SK), ICM (MB), and FSRA (ON)|
|CPA®:||30 CPD hours|
|QAFP® Professionals:||30 credits (28 Financial Planning, 2 Professional Responsibility)|
This comprehensive package includes these courses:
This comprehensive compliance and professional development credits package includes these courses:
• Anti-Money Laundering
• The Art and Science of Suitability
• Complaint Handling and Avoidance
• The Financial Planning Mistakes of Clients (and how to fix them)
• Know Your Client: Its Challenges and Rewards
• A Surviving Spouse: Insurance Considerations and Financial Plans
• Why Ethics Matter
Details on these courses are provided below.
- Review how money laundering is accomplished, and how it is stopped;
- Understand, in order to implement, the elements of a compliance program;
- Gain an up-to-date understanding of know-your-client directives, reporting and record-keeping requirements.
The Art and Science of Suitability
- Optimize suitability for insurance and investment products;
- Implement a holistic approach that looks at total needs, situations, weaknesses, and strengths of the individual with the products and services available to the individual;
- Understand how priorities affect decisions;
- Execute the suitability checklist.
Complaint Handling and Avoidance
- Learn what happens when a complaint is filed, and mitigation measures to prevent complaints;
- Find out what to expect if a complaint is made about you, and your role in the investigation process;
- Read extensive case studies in each of insurance, FP Canada, the MFDA and IIROC complaint hearings;
- Gain vital knowledge on how to avoid a complaint in addition to how resolution can be brought about.
The Financial Planning Mistakes of Clients (and how to fix them)
- Covers eight common mistakes clients make, and the loss of opportunities that result from their errors;
- Head off the inevitable crash landings that arise from arrogance and misperceptions;
- Help clients to get on the right track, stay there, and reap the rewards.
Know Your Client: Its Challenges and Rewards
- Addresses the new client-focussed reforms as they apply to know your client requirements;
- Reviews what comprises essential facts and their relevance;
- Illustrates the relationship between KYC and suitability;
- Check your decisions with a blueprint for action.
A Surviving Spouse: Insurance Considerations and Financial Plans
- Covers a broad range of insurance and investment matters relevant to a surviving spouse’s changed circumstances;
- Equips you to plan ahead for both spouses and the survivor’s needs alone;
- Adds to your perspective about retirement planning while delivering lots of can-do ideas.
Why Ethics Matter
- Understand the reasons ethics are essential personally and professionally;
- Read case studies that illustrate ethical lapses;
- Discover how to become a more ethical person and the steps to ethical decisions;
- Develop a personal code of ethics to practice and live by.
Or, go to the C’Life Catalogue and use your 20% coupon code: SeeWhy20